Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can my period be affected by birth control, if it is just my second month?

My last period started on Sept. 9. I have taken birth control everyday. I have only forgotten by 2 hrs some days. I had sex without condom on Sept. 16 %26amp; 18. I have had no symptoms of pregnancy. I am in the week of my period. If I dont receive it, when should I take a test?Can my period be affected by birth control, if it is just my second month?
if you started to take birth control you might not get your period, take a test a few days after you are supposed to get it ...Can my period be affected by birth control, if it is just my second month?
Birth Control normally kicks in after 7 days of use.


Doctors can even prescripe it to where you are covered after 1 day!


But 7 days is the norm. Birth Control does TOTALLY mess around with your period though. When I 1st got on it, it took several months for my period to become normal. But do talk to your doctor if this continues, because if it doesnt settle down in 2 or 3 months You may need to switch to a different kind of BC that works for YOUR body.


When I started taking birth control it messed my period all up, then it calmed it down. THEN it was all crazy like, bleeding between periods, ect. I thought this put me at risk for pregnancy - If the BC was working right I shouldn't be bleeding in between - I confirmed it with my Doctor - that bleeding between periods makes me at risk- and SHE switched me to a different type of BC and I have had NO problem this whole year =) Oh and I never take my BC at exactly the same time every night, Ideally you should, but most peeps I know dont and it hasn't made them prego yet;)


So you should be totally fine! Good luck though!!


Taking a test cant hurt, it might be best to wait a little longer, like the week after your period time passes..
Your period should start during the placebo week of the pills. If it doesnt start by your next pack, then take a test.
Afterr ur period is due. and i dont think u r pregnant but if u dont recieve ur period its due to the pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment