Friday, August 6, 2010

If you gain weight while on birth control, is it possible to loose the weight with diet and exersice?

I am on depropravra (the shot you get every 3 months) and I've gained about 30 pounds, and wondering if I can loose this weight or is it just impossible?If you gain weight while on birth control, is it possible to loose the weight with diet and exersice?
I took depro a couple years ago. My dr. told me that I would gain weight and I did. But, I ate healthy, drank my water and walked everyday and ended up losing weight (about 60lbs.) She said that I am living proof that you can lose weight with the shot. Good luck.If you gain weight while on birth control, is it possible to loose the weight with diet and exersice?
Changing your hormone profile can change your body's natural set weight. You can lose the weight with diet and exercise but it will take a lot of effort because the birth control makes your body think its already pregnant so you wont ovulate. Now if your body thinks it is pregnant it will want to hold on to more pounds to nurture the ';baby';. It will take twice the effort but it can be done. Cut out empty calories like alcohol, sweets and soft drinks. Eat lean meats and lots of vegetables. Exercise daily 30-60 minutes. Good luck!
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment