Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How many days after you stop your birth control does it take before you get your period?

You should get your period a few days after you stop the pills, from the hormone withdrawal, same as every other month. It's the next period that can take awhile, it takes some time for your hormones to get back to normal and your body to find it's natural cycle. Some women get it within a couple months, others it takes longer. If it's been more than 6 months you should make an appointment with your doctor for a check up.How many days after you stop your birth control does it take before you get your period?
mine took a year and a half! i stopped mid pack, and i don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but i do know that it was a year and a half before i ever had a period again. not complaining, but i was pretty weirded out by it. if you stopped at the end of your pack under the supervision of your PCP/GYN you should be fine and start in the next month or two. but it can take up to a year before all of the hormones get out of your system.How many days after you stop your birth control does it take before you get your period?
mine was usually two or three days....it also worried me because I wasn't as careful as I should have been but I didn't get pregnant, that's why I switched to the implant
for me it was 3 days into the placebo pills however it all depends how your body reacts to the pills :)





but if you mean after you discontinue use, it can take up to 6 months for your body to readjust and get all the hormones out of your system. however most people go back to a normal period within a month or two!





I stopped taking pills last month because the doctor switched me and I hated the new pills but they were my only option for pills. So I'm waiting for my period so I can get an IUD. (I don't have children so placement while on my period would be easiest)
I have been on the pill for about 5 yrs and i always take my last pill on the saturday and then my period doesn't come until the wednesday and it lasts until sunday. Hope this helps!
well when i stopped taking the pill, i got it the next month. some people's bodies are different, but i got it the exact date from the month before. some people get it as soon as 5 days after.
I got my period 2 days after I stopped taking the pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment