Saturday, August 21, 2010

My dog has dry skin. How do i control it and get rid of it??

You'll want to head out to a pet store and buy some fish oil. Put some of that in their food every day and you should see a difference in the skin and coat. Also stick to a good diet, I work at a vet hospital and would highly suggest royal canin. That will help the dry skin as well. And as everyone else has said make sure to use an oatmeal shampoo and a conditioner as well. If the problem persists make an appointment with your vet and they can prescribe you special shampoo and some leave on lotions. I hope i helped. Good luck with your dog.My dog has dry skin. How do i control it and get rid of it??
Get a humidifier. It will help.My dog has dry skin. How do i control it and get rid of it??
Vasline.


just kidding ! don't do that


umm i really don't know!


sorry


=)
I had the same problem. went to petsmart and they told me to use shampoo with tea tree oil in it, it works...
For mine, I use a quality dog food and i add a Vet approved fish/flax oil product to their food daily. When they need to be bathed, I use products that don't dry out the skin, like shampoos for dogs containing Oatmeal and Aloe.


Brewer's Yeast is also really good for their skin and coat and I sprinkle that over their food as well.


Ask your Vet about these suggestions if you want to try them on your dog.
My vet recommended a Wellness food which is fish based as it contains a lot of the healthy oils. Seems to be working so far but we just switched over a little over a week ago.
I use an oatmeal based dog shampoo. He seems to have less dry skin.
Make sure you are feeding him a GOOD diet. No cheap S**t. A little bit of bacon grease once a week on his food will help. I have Shar-Pei dogs which can have dry skin, I rub ';Udder Cream';, from feed store, on them. It has a lot of lanolin and vitamins and is very good for their coat.





Don't bathe your dog too much, it will only dry them out more.
Try either an aloe and oatmeal based shampoo, a coal tar shampoo, a shampoo containing chlorahexadine, or even some Selsun Blue on occasion of he's flaky.
once a week, i give salmon oil. You can get it in a pump bottle, and give a squirt on the dog's food.


Or you can put raw eggs in the food. Or olive oil. But either eggs or salmon oil is best.
You can get medicated or sensitive shampoo from the vets, or you can talk to one of the vets or nurses and see what they reccommend to keep it under control.
Add a squirt (mine comes in a pump) of salmon oil to your dog's food.
you need to give him or her a good bath then give a good brushing everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment